I’ve been taking photographs since I was a teenager – and taking them in black and white for more than 35 years. I 'graduated' to large format 5x4 photography in 1994 and since then that's where my photographic energies have been concentrated. My main subject matter is the landscape and its 'micro-landscapes' though I've recently developed a strong interest in photographing in churches and cathedrals. The first entry in this blog (May 2009 - "Tomorrow ...") will tell you what my blog is all about. You'll find much more of my work on my website at: www.virtuallygrey.co.uk The B&W images from my blog are linked here. Prints of the black & white images are available for purchase. If you are interested, please follow the 'Print Sales' link on my website. The colour images are from my little digital camera and are not for sale. If you'd like to contact me by email then please do so via the 'Contact' link on my website at: www.virtuallygrey.co.uk/contact.html
All photographs and all other content in this blog are Copyright © 2012 Stephen J Gledhill

Thursday 9 July 2009

#5: Hailes - Winchcombe




These four signs dotted around Winchcombe hint at its long history

A short walk of about 6 miles today in mild breezy overcast conditions. I knew there would be days when no B&W images presented themselves - and today was just such a day - until the end when I nipped into St Peters church in the lovely small town of Winchcombe; a town with a 1,000 years of history. I was saved from a duck by finding an attractive composition with the brass chandelier (dating from 1753) hung in the centre of the nave and the stained glass window at the east end of the church. I spent 45 minutes in the church whilst I was setting up and was accompanied by an organist and a cellist playing some delightful music.

I've no intention for this walk to become a documentary of churches and chapels along the way - but it's starting to look that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment