I’ve been taking photographs since I was a teenager – and taking them in black and white for more than 35 years. I 'graduated' to large format 5x4 photography in 1994 and since then that's where my photographic energies have been concentrated. My main subject matter is the landscape and its 'micro-landscapes' though I've recently developed a strong interest in photographing in churches and cathedrals. The first entry in this blog (May 2009 - "Tomorrow ...") will tell you what my blog is all about. You'll find much more of my work on my website at: www.virtuallygrey.co.uk The B&W images from my blog are linked here. Prints of the black & white images are available for purchase. If you are interested, please follow the 'Print Sales' link on my website. The colour images are from my little digital camera and are not for sale. If you'd like to contact me by email then please do so via the 'Contact' link on my website at: www.virtuallygrey.co.uk/contact.html
All photographs and all other content in this blog are Copyright © 2012 Stephen J Gledhill

Tuesday 17 November 2009

#23: Outskirts of Bath - Bath Abbey (The End)


Bath Abbey - The End


Pulteney Bridge & Weir


The Royal Crescent


The Way Passes by a Church


Autumn Leaves


The Circus Windows & Leaves

Today marked the end of the walk and the end of a most enjoyable period of 6 months since I set out from Chipping Campden on 28th May.  I left myself just a short walk for my final day as I wanted  to spent time in Bath Abbey with my large format camera and black and white film.  I spent over 3 hours there and took maybe a dozen pictures.  It's a beautiful old building full of light.  It was built on the site of the earlier Norman Cathedral and before that an Anglo-Saxon Abbey Church.  The day was a gloriously sunny late autumn day with strong winds whipping away the last of this year's leaves from the trees.  Bath itself is a wonderful old city - I think I agree with its claim to being the most beautiful in England.  The harmonious mellow stone buildings are all built on a scale that is more human than in many other cities.

Once the final B&W images are done I'll round off my blog with a look back over the last six months.  I did something similar at the half way stage but I now want to take stock of the whole project.

No comments:

Post a Comment